SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mitch57_gw

Help with placement of soap and air vent

mitch57
14 years ago

I have 24 inch deep cabinet with an undermount double sink. Larger bowl on the left, smaller on the right. Overall dimensions of the sink are 31-7/8" W x 20-5/8" D. The state I live in, (CA), still requires an air vent for the dishwasher, hence I need one. I am planning on a Kohler Vinnata faucet placed in the middle of the two bowls. It comes real close to the wall behind, but I can live with that. I would like a soap dispenser along with the air vent. My granite guy says there is not enough room on the larger bowl side to place the soap, too close between the lip of the sink and the wall. The sink is as far forward as it can be. I initially wanted the soap on the left and the air vent on the right to balance it all out. Now I would need both the soap dispenser and air vent both on the right (smaller bowl)side. Does anyone have the same problem and how does it look? My granite guy suggests the soap 8 inches from the faucet and the air vent 4 inches from the soap. Any suggestions and pictures would be helpful.

Here is a link that might be useful: sink

Comments (8)