SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
odiegirl13

Can You Guys Help Me Select a Range?

Christine Clemens
14 years ago

Okay, I know this should be in the appliance forum but you guys always look at the overall design. I cannot make a decision on a range. I am coming from a 25 year old electric coil downdraft cooktop. I am thinking of going to an all gas range. I guess I could select a smoothtop electric but something is pulling me toward the AG.

I know these are two extremes but I am trying to decide between a Kitchenaid black slide-in range (or something similar) or going all in with an American or Blue Star range. I am planning on a 30'' range. The cabinets will be a shaker style in a soft yellow. I think I need to go with black to match the existing appliances or go with a color that would be available with an American or Blue Star.

Luckily I have an existing range hood so the pipe is there. (don't know why the PO had both).

I don't know why this has me so stumped. I guess if they were all the same price it would be a no brainer. I just don't want to wimp out with the one appliance I am upgrading. Would you guys spend the $$$ on the AR or BS?

Comments (19)