SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kendrahrose_gw

Is this a ridiculous price for marble countertops?

10 years ago

What have other people paid for marble countertops? I am interested in the price per sq/ft for the marble and a separate price per/sq ft for the fabrication and installation. If you can add your geographic location it would also help me understand the range of prices. We are in Philadelphia.

I found reclaimed marble slabs that I want to have turned into counter tops. Our small kitchen has 34 sq ft of counter space. The quote for the whole project is $4,100, or $120 per sq/ft.

The marble is $40/ sq ft from the salvage yard. The salvage yard also contracts a company to do the fabrication and installation. The marble contractor won't do any projects less than $2,500 and they would charge us just over that, so the fabrication and installation alone (not including the cost of the marble) comes out to about $80/sq ft.

I think the marble is a fair price. But the fab and instal price sounds so high. I am waiting on estimates from other fabricators, but I think we need to purchase the marble from the salvage yard this weekend as they are not holding it for us. I am nervous about doing so without having a fabric and instal comparison. It is so hard to find this stuff reclaimed in 1 inch slabs. I would hate to miss this chance.

Comments (5)