SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
frugalnotstingy

got countertops installed yesterday, now i'm sooo overwhelmed!

frugalnotstingy
10 years ago

Looking at my kitchen last night after the countertops were installed left me feeling so overwhelmed. I really could use your advice and guidance. I don't have a very good sense of style and color.

1. The cabinets- don't compliment my granite. I was hoping just changing the hardware would do the trick but looking at it now, I don't think that's going to work. I read & read the posts about repainting cabinets here... can someone help direct me to what color to go with? They are solid & in very good condition and we can't really afford new ones.

2. The backsplash - I thought I had it pretty right on with the glass tile color but now it doesn't look like it really matches. I was planning on using glass tile as the field (the only sample they have for the color - emser's lucente morning fog came in that small ones but I will be using the 3x6 ) and the mosaic over the cooktop. The big sqaure one is a ceramic that also comes in a subway tile. What do you guys think?

3. Wall color - any suggestions?

I would really appreciate any advice & guidance. I think Advil will be my good friend till this all gets done

Oh, I think my husband is coming around to putting pendant lights over the peninsula. I am looking forward to saying goodbye to our popcorn ceiling! :-D

This post was edited by frugalnotstingy on Wed, Jun 5, 13 at 18:13

Comments (53)