SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sfcitydweller

Layout Advice/ Less Confusing but LONG.

sfcitydweller
14 years ago

We have finally decided on a layout for the actually kitchen space, now I need to figure out the layout within the kitchen space. Here is what the Architect came up with. I honestly really like it, but wanted some feedback regarding placement of appliances, etc. The image was traced by me 1/8in scale, because the drawing from the Architect was 1/2in and huge, so please forgive the rudimentary lines etc.

All Advice Is Appreciated and Welcomed! TIA

Quick Facts:

Our house is 2 people plus a dog, we love to entertain and plan on having about 20 ppl in the FDR/Kitchen/LVR are during dinner parties etc. The LVR is at the bottom of the FDR and completely open to the FDR.

The peninsulas bar will be bar height on the FDR side. We plan on mounting a TV on the East wall at the end of the peninsula.

The staircase on the left side of the drawing is the main staircase and the staircase on the right side is an outside staircase.

We must keep two entrances into the kitchen.

I could extend the pantry into the area labeled Âshoe closet but IÂm not sure we need to and IÂm also not sure IÂm willing to give up my shoe closet.

The room is about 9ft high and the cabinets will be full height.

The cabinets on the West wall will look more like a ÂhutchÂ. I would like the upper cabinets to have glass doors and go all the way to the counter, with a small amount of Âcounter space to put glasses, bottles, etc. on.

There is currently between 39Â-40Â in of space in all aisles

There will be a skylight over the island and the East wall will have large windows.

Description of Drawing:

Back (north) Wall is 13Â6

From left to right

- 36in corner Âpantry with 36 in door, and 24in corner broom closet and 12 in Âextra storage with full extension pull out shelves, this will house small appliances.

- 21in base cabinet, mixing bowel storage, spice insert in drawer

- 48in Wolf Range

- 21in base cabinet, pots and pans storage, cooking utensils in drawer

- 36in Pantry with full extension pull out shelves. All Dry food will be stored here.

Right (east) Wall 11Â

From top to bottom

- Door to outside staircase

- 24in DW

- 36in Sink

- 24in Trash Pullout

Left (west) Wall is 11Â

From Top to Bottom

- 48in Side by Side Fridge

- 24in bottom cabinets with 24in upper cabinets (with glass doors)that come all the way to the counter leaving approx 12in of counter

- The base cabinet closest to the FDR will have a beverage fridge

- All glass storage will be in the glass front upper cabinets on this wall

- I am also thinking about putting the Âgood plates in these cabinets too

- Bottom cabinets close to the fridge will house extra beverages, the middle one will house ÂextraÂ

Front (south) wall 14Â6

- There will be no actual wall, but a 9Â peninsula with a bar into the FDR. The bar overhang will be 12in into the FDR, that space will not be taken out of the kitchen.

-Kitchen side of the peninsula will have a Super Susan in the corner will hold dog supplies

-24in base cabinet will house extra paper towels and extra dry goods

- MW over the WD on the end

- The Âentrance is 40Â

Island 3Â6 x 5Â8

- I would like to have a prep sink but am worried about the amount of space it would take up, because I would also like to store my main pots/pans in the area directly in front of the range.

- On the top across from the range I would like pull out trays for pots and pans

- On the right side I would like dish drawers, if I put dish storage on the west wall I would like pull out trays for extra storage.

- On the left side I would like deep storage drawers or pull out trays. I want the left side and right side to match. This area would be for Tupperware, Ziplocs, etc.

- On the bottom IÂm thinking about open shelves to display my pretty Lime Green Le Creuset

{{gwi:1904036}}

Comments (28)