SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karenyang

design help - copper sinks in a white vintage bath? (xpost)

karenyang
15 years ago

Cross-posted from bathroom forum, since this forums gets a lot more traffic, and the design question might apply to a kitchen, as well......

We're building a craftsman bungalow (craftsman style with white trim, not traditional dark wood trim) with what are shaping up to be a lot of vintage-y details (white kitchen with gray/white finishes, counters, etc.).

My current dilemma is with what will be the guest bath on the first floor - the bath juts off of an office on the first floor, near the entryway. Our vision is to create something like this in a slightly different colorway (more gray/slate than green): http://trikeenan.com/portfolio/index.php?image=13&galleryID=2&page=4

The issue: a couple of years ago, I picked up two hand-hammered copper vessel sinks (they're round, deep, big, heavy, and gorgeous) that I always thought I'd use in my future house. I do love them....I've just gone way vintage since then.

Is there some way to use these sinks and still achieve this vintage-y look? I'm so drained of ideas I'm having a hard time seeing through the disparate themes - if we were going traditional Craftsman, this would be an easy decision. If you think it would work, what colors (tile/counters/fixtures) would you choose? Would you stick with the white/gray color scheme? Our doors/mouldings throughout the house will be painted white, with ORB door knobs/handles.

If you don't think it will work, anyone want to buy two hand-hammered, antique copper sinks? (just kidding! No I'm not. Yes I am. No I'm not.)

Thanks for your ideas! :)

Here is a link that might be useful: the trikeenan bath

Comments (7)