SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cefreeman_gw

Week 5: What more can we accomplish!?

CEFreeman
9 years ago

Hellllooo!
I'm so glad a few wanted to continue, because I also love the little successes. It really makes me feel like I'm getting something done, even if it's deciding not to. And welcome to the lurkers, who are coming out of the closet. As it were.

Today.
I weeded that front garden bed, the picture of which I posted, including cutting the too-tall, weed-whack-needing grass around it. Did that by hand, because once I got started, I didn't want to stop.

Had a meeting at 10:00 with a sweet young lady from Mid-Atlantic Gardening. She wants to begin a peony farm. Someone actually gave her 250 peonies. In the fall, she gets 300 more. She posted that she needed garden space. I posted that I have land. It's surly meant to be, because she lives about 20 minutes south of me and she's into permaculture and Hugoculture! I'm into helping someone out, and can be into peonies!

The fellows who are building out my barn are going to run the water and add 2 spigots for her. It's going to be laid out on the probably 800sq in front my barn. I'm thrilled. She's a mom of 6, who is making a dream come true. Fits right in with my own dreams. :)

KTJ458, how big is "not too tall?" And is there shade or sun?

lazygardens, I can't say I wouldn't have had a meltdown over that. Good job handling that EEEEAwwkkk!

beautybutdebtfree? That is a fantastic job. Probably a heck of a lot more durable than the Kohler one, I'll bet.

I made some soup today. (Dark meat) chicken, onions, bok choy, ginger, chicken stock, and a teensy bit of garlic. Teensy. I could eat this until I explode, but fortunately (or not) I have to go to work in a few minutes.

My goals this week:
Start mulching the beds I framed.
Finish cutting out the deadwood & vines in the side garden. Really, is that ever done?
Maybe lay out a hosta bed under my 'Golden Dawn' redwood. Gotta limb that up.
Clean up all the trees I cut down, and finish the ones over the road.
Put together the two cabinets I've been threatening to do.

Not big goals, just goals.
Let's see how far I get. LOL Right now, soup is looking good.

Comments (57)