SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
skoo_gw

Please help me pick a BlueStar range color

skoo
14 years ago

I think I'd like to take advantage of the free 190 colors to choose from for our 36" BlueStar RNB (island trim) range. I'm having analysis paralysis regarding what color to go with, though. We have decided on Costa Esmeralda granite (the slab is a light greenish/gray with a lot of movement), and for cabinets, we're thinking pretty close to a natural alder or just a shade darker.

We'd like to keep the colors a little lighter because we have a 1920s Tudor house in CA, where all the door frames and crown molding are painted white, but some original gumwood trim on the entry stairway.

The rest of the appliances will be SS (Miele Inspira dishwasher, Kitchenaid fridge, Kindred sink, Dacor MW convection, probably a Best by Broan hood). It's a largish galley-style kitchen, and I think I'd like to use a color on the range to provide a nice focal point on its wall and also to help soften the look of the BlueStar up a bit.

I was thinking either a deep blue or a slate blue, but not sure if that would help accent the greenish granite or if it would just plain clash? I definitely don't want to go with green on the range.

Any advice? Thanks in advance!

Comments (23)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio