SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kristen_hallock

Need to start thinking about paint colors

Kristen Hallock
10 years ago

I would like to paint the walls before the cabinets go up. So I need to decide on a color, like this week!

My cabinets are natural maple. I am 99.9% sure that we are going with Cambria Victoria countertops.

My floors are a golden oak stained red oak. My appliances are stainless steel.

My husband will want something light and airy, and I am good with that too. No Dark colors.

The problem comes because this room is open to 75% of the downstairs. The current color of the "eating area" of the kitchen is barn owl white, which I think was a RL color. I plan on painting the eating area the same color as the kitchen, but I'll probably do the cabinet area first and tackle the eating area a few weeks later.

Also , the foyer is Barn Owl White too. The sunken Living Room is an Ellen Kennon color called Buttercream. I really can hardly tell the difference between the buttercream and barn owl white up on the wall. So I can paint the living room, but I probably will procrastinate and put it off. So if I can just leave the buttercream I will be happier.

Ok, so what color would look good in my kitchen? The Cambria website recommends BM Clay Beige.

A coworker suggested maybe different shades of a similar color. I could go slightly darker I think in the sunken living room. And in the foyer I could go the darkest (but still not really dark).

I should add that there is very little wall space in the cabinet area of the kitchen once the cabinets are up. Just around 3 windows and around the range hood.

This post was edited by khallock on Wed, Jun 19, 13 at 13:29

Comment (1)