SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crescent50

I guess it is time to start thinking about window treatments!

crescent50
13 years ago

I have been obsessing for the past two years on building our new house (with lots of great ideas from these forums- thanks :) ) and now that we are almost now, I need to start thinking about decorating it!

I usually lurk for inspiration but I need help!

Window treatments are going to be a killer for me- the cost, the style, the color, etc.. - so am desperate to start getting some ideas.

Here are a few pictures of 1st floor rooms that I need to get working on.

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions :)

Dining Room- It will open to a terrace and the wall of doors faces the back yard so privacy is not much of an issue. I was thinking about long stationary panels.

Kitchen- we opted to do a french door slider here for ease of use. This room also faces the back yard but I feel like I would like to add some color (without covering the transoms) and will need sun coverage in the morning when sitting at the table.

This picture was taken before the floors were done. BTW, the white sheet on the island is coveting our wenge wood top that was installed last week.

Would you consider bamboo or woven blinds? One large or 2?

Family Room- Well, I wanted windows and I got them!

Here is a view of the windows over the fireplace on the front wall. Privacy is not an issue here so I am thinking that I would leave them uncovered. The built ins are not quite finished but you can get the idea. What do you think?

Here is a picture of the back wall of windows with a window seat. This wall faces the backyard and the view of the woods is great! I am thinking of super long stationary panels along the sides to add color and softness and then using some type of blinds on the lower windows for privacy and light coverage.

The tv will be on the side wall so sun will be a factor but only until about noon. Most of our tv watching occurs at night time but I like the idea of closing the blinds anyway. I know there is no-one behind us but I think I would feel like we were in a "fishbowl" if it were uncovered.

Thanks again for your help!

Comments (11)