SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Island, work table or table?

lavender_lass
11 years ago

I have posted this type of question before...in fact, it's been one of the most difficult things for me to decide on with my kitchen plan...okay, plans! LOL

An island is so functional. You have storage, seating, room for appliances, and a great area for another countertop. Work tables (36" high) give you some of the same advantages as an island (great work height, seating, etc.) but the advantage of mobility. Tables are 6" shorter, take up space with all those chairs and often create a barrier to other parts of the kitchen. But, they are cozy and very inviting.

So, which works in your space? Which works with your personality? Which makes a kitchen YOUR kitchen?

For me, I finally found a space for the kitchen in our remodel...that's big enough for a table and chairs, right in the middle of the space. Not the most functional thing, but it makes me happy just thinking about it. For those of you with kids...have you seen "Ratatouille"? The scene where the food critic tastes the ratatouille and is instantly transported back to his childhood kitchen, with his mother's wonderful ratatouille? That's how I feel, but it's my grandmother's kitchen...and I can almost smell the bread baking and fresh coffee on the stove. Or tea and cookies...you get the idea :)

This is my current 'favorite' picture (which I'm sure many of you have seen recently) LOL What about you? Share your actual or inspiration picture of your favorite island, work table or eating table. This isn't meant to be controversial...just fun!
{{gwi:1461259}}From Lavender Lass farmhouse pictures

Comments (25)