SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosieo_gw

Which side should DW go on? Final plan (I think)

rosieo
12 years ago

I think this is the final floorplan. Unless, of course, you all see a glaring error, in which case I'll just slink off sobbing into my apron, lol.

I can't decide which side of the sink the dishwasher should go on. If I put it closer to the range I can have a 36" cabinet on the fridge side. If it goes closer to the fridge I can have 18" cabs on each end. Which configuration would be more useful? Does it really matter which side the DW goes on? I've had it on both sides and don't remember either being a problem.

DW near range:

{{gwi:1893259}}From kitchen for KF

DW by fridge:

{{gwi:1893260}}From kitchen for KF

All base cabs will be drawers. The blind corner will open up on the other side of the wall.

The kitchen is open to the dining area and the dining table is only a few feet away so I gave up the overhang and counter seating in favor of increasing the aisle from 36" to 42". Although I'm strongly leaning towards extending the long countertop out 4 more inches, which would leave a 38" aisle.

Can you see any room for improvement with what I've got so far?

Thanks for all the help so far. I've spent untold hours on this only to find out I should have just gone with the first layout buehl did for me, lol. I think I've got the zones fairly well separated now.

Thanks a bunch for any and all opinions.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022