SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mamacat21

Painting Cabinets - white appliances

mamacat21
10 years ago

** Note: please ignore all the junk in my kitchen! I was knee deep in a baking project and we've been super busy recently. I know that it looks better clean and decluttered. But life happens and sometimes things get messy. I wasn't thinking about that when I snapped the pic on a whim. :) **

We're going to paint these *blah* oak cabinets and replace the damaged laminate countertop. I was thinking white. I like the look of white cabinets and I think it will brighten up the space quite a bit - only one window. Sad face.

My question is this: What color white? I have white appliances and white trim throughout the house. Should I match the white of the appliances, or the trim, or should I do something different enough that it doesn't look like a "near miss?" Will a glaze help?

New appliances not in the budget, nor necessary, as these are all relatively new and in great shape.

Oh, and we got an over-range microwave free with the stove, but haven't put it in yet. We'll do that when we paint, raise the range cabinet up to ceiling, and take out the odd wood soffit. Also planning to add crown.

I'm thinking oil rubbed bronze or black hardware. Light fixtures are ORB, and ceramic top of range is black black, so that seems like a more logical choice than brushed nickel. Countertops... grey? We'll have a little money for the floor, too. And we'll do a new fixture (oil rubbed bronze?) at the sink - which is white enamel.

Color and fixture advice gladly accepted!! Thanks for your input!

Comments (12)