SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cefreeman_gw

Paintable Switchplates

CEFreeman
9 years ago

Hi all!

I just read someone picking up a ton of Lutron face/switch (plates online because they were on sale) recently.

There's a little-known company named Mulberry that makes a "wrinkled" face plate. In a slim line, wider variety, a jumbo type and a few more. They make them in every configuration you can imagine. I swear.

Anyway, I choose the wrinkled unfinished variety because (are you ready?)
(wait for it)
They're paintable!!!!

No joke. You don't even have to prime because of the "wrinkled" finish. No chipping, no rubbing off, just the color you want them to be.

I mention this particularly for the ABB folks out there. But I'm using them for every.thing.

I have multiple switches and outlets, because I didn't want a bunch of separate switch plates all over the place. Since I consolidated, my requirements were such that I needed a 4-switch, a 2-switch & single gang. A decora and regular plate, etc.

HD and Lowe's carry them, but only to a limited variety. In the past, I could order them from Mulberry, but I also found the H4H in Glen Burnie (MD) had a TON of different configurations donated. Unusual configurations like I needed.

Here's the switch plate product page. They're redoing their website, so I expect this to improve.

Nothing wrong with Lutrons at all, and their color selection is great. But what if you wanted to exactly match, rather than feature a switch plate? I know they're not going to be the focus of my kitchen! :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Mulberry switch plate guide

Comments (10)