SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mizlizzie_gw

My Cambria quartz report -- for a2gemini, oldryder, et al.

MizLizzie
10 years ago

My kitchen is complete now so I wanted to post results on my Cambria Shirebrook install. Let me start by saying I love it, and I still haven't seen anything I like better. It met my objectives, utilitarian-wise and design-wise. I loved a2gemini's Bradshaw -- it looked flawless. It inspired me!

That said, I remembered oldryder's warning about globs of resin in quartz. Well, I got some. My main perimeter slab, a big piece with two seams, looked excellent. Could not find fault with it. My island slab was less perfect. There are places to the left of the prep sink and on the innermost corner that pushed right up to the boundary of unacceptable. I'm talking huge globs of gray resin. Now, most folks would never notice it. I did. But in another three months, I won't notice it, either. If I decide I can't live with it-- well, it's Cambria. It's a fairly consistent product. I will go order another slab.

Would I order it again? Yes. Having had -- and loved -- granite for ten years, I just needed something with a lot of dark red in it, and I got it. The Shirebrook looks fabulous in my house with all my mahogany and cherry antiques; it was precisely the feel I wanted. That said, I would caution anyone who is considering quartz -- especially from Cambria's Waterstone collection -- to be there when your slab is templated. I was told this wasn't necessary due to the consistency in quartz. I think that is generally true, but not with the Waterstone patterns, which are large and flowing, and most of which have been out less than two years.

Thanks for all the wonderful advice I got here regarding my kitchen design. I wanted to pay it forward and get this in the archives. I am posting the Cambria Waterstone patterns below so that they will query up in the future. If I forgot one, somebody throw in out there:

Aberdeen, Armitage, Bellingham, Braemar, Bradshaw, Buckingham, Laneshaw, Hollinsbrook, Shirebrook, Praa Sands, New Quay, Sharpham, Torquay, Wellington & Westminster.

Comments (23)