SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fivefootzero

Alternatives to stainless???

fivefootzero
13 years ago

Sorry in advance for the long rant...

We recently had to make a refrigerator purchase for our 1950's kitchen that will be begin demo hopefully the end of this year. We still have the original metal cabinets, 1970's stove, no dishwasher, no counter space, etc. This purchase was to replace a 30 year-old refrigerator that was leaking. The new refrigerator will be moved to the garage after the remodel.

While making this purchase, and while looking at options for the kitchen remodel...my husband said he doesn't like stainless appliances (probably because you cant put magnets on them (or can you?)...which to me looks like a big cluster of junk on a fridge). A few reminders, photos, calendar, etc. is fine...but what we have is a mess. I am the one constantly purging stuff off the fridge...as is my dog (a chocolate lab) every time he wags his tail too close to it.

Now while I haven't even started looking for cabinets, counter tops, etc., I did know that want stainless appliances. I love the look of the GE Cafe slide in range, and the Electrolux refrigerators. My vision for the new kitchen will be cherry or quarter sawn oak cabinets, soapstone or some other dark counter top with similar look, and stainless appliances. A backsplash of either white subways or some mini-brick pattern tile. Flooring will either be oak or tile...not sure yet.

Can anybody make any suggestions or give me pictures of what black appliances look like? I already know I don't want white appliances.

I have tried the FKB and also searched, but nothing comes up with the specified search (too much to sift through).

Thanks in advance for any help, suggestions, guidance, support.

Comments (12)