SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jayjay_teacher

Finally 100% finished! Backsplash and WT done!

jayjay_teacher
14 years ago

Our kitchen was finished last year except for the backsplash and window treatments. After several delays we are finally 100% finished!

I really liked the Sonama Tantrum glass tiles and we paired them with Jeffrey CourtÂs rooster and hen tiles. My husband raised Bantam chickens for many years, so the two tiles were for him. I liked that they were a neutral color and that they are almost the same color as our cabinets.

We first thought we would tile all the way up to the cabinets, but after living with the paint for a while, we decided just to do the border next to the counters. This way we can change paint colors if we want and give our kitchen a different look.

If you are new and did not see any of my posts last year, the prep sink is used mainly by my husband. He is an avid flower gardener and that is his place to spread out his flowers and water buckets. I do most of my prep work by the main sink and on the island. I am posting a few of the pictures here, and I will also post the link for all of the pictures. The details are at the bottom of this post.

Thanks to everyone for all of the ideas and help you gave me during this process! Without you this kitchen would not have been nearly as functional. After using it for almost a year, it works very well for us.

Details:

CabinetsÂperimeter-white with taupe glaze, local cabinet maker;

IslandÂquartersawn oak with brown stain

HardwareÂORB, furnished with the cabinets

CountersÂperimeter Silestone Ebony Pearl, island Silestone Sienna Ridge

StoveÂGE Café Dual Fuel ss

RefrigeratorÂGE Profile water in door ss

DishdrawersÂFisher Paykel (Love them) paneled

CompactorÂKitchen Aid paneled

Garbage disposalÂInsinkerator Evolution Compact w airswitch, Lowes

Hot water dispenserÂInsinkerator View, ebay

Main sinkÂShawÂs Original 3018 (Love it), Ira Woods

Prep SinkÂRohl Allia

FaucetsÂKohler Vinnata full size and secondary size (Love them)

Pull out ironing boardÂHafele (Thanks Gibby for the idea. We use it nearly every day!)

FlooringÂWitex Victorian Cherry laminate (matches what we have everywhere but the den.)

Plug moldÂLowes

Under cab lightsÂXenon strips Lowes

Pendant lightÂebay

Light over table was the one I had.

Rooster and Hen TilesÂJeffrey Court

Tile BlendÂSonoma Tantrum Blend 75% (River, Pewter, Tweed) and Sonoma La Casa Stone 25%

4x4ÂsÂSonoma La Casa Natural Stone and railÂSonoma Tilemakers

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen

Comments (13)