SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mary1805

No more $$ for granite, what about this option?

mary1805
15 years ago

I have been planning my kitchen for the last few months but we were not going to actually start on it until December or January at the earliest. However, we had a toilet-related water problem in our house last week and my kitchen ceiling and floors have been torn out as a result of that. Hence, the kitchen remodel starts now!

So, we've purchased appliances and cabinets in the last couple of days. We're not over budget at this point, but it looks like any granite we choose will put us there.

We are thinking about putting the granite off for a few months or a year, and going with butcher block (IKEA) countertops in the meantime. Total cost will be right at $300. Granite will be $3,000 at least.

Here is my concern: I have already purchased a Ticor undermount sink, and would like to go ahead and use this with the butcher block (it looks like it is do-able per IKEAfans) as long as it will not be a problem to take the sink off and re-use it with the granite in a few months. I don't want to ruin the new sink, but I also don't want to leave it in the box for another year! Is there any reason why this would be a problem in regards to my sink?

Comments (12)