SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dcrd

Help! Question for Stone People/Fabricators

My granite yesterday looked like it wasn't what we had templated at the yard. In studying it closely, I am wrong (I believe). My kitchen is a U shape. I have two cuts/seams for the granite where pieces were "glued" together. One of the pieces was cut from a different slab, so I knew to expect some differences but we went over what would match best. It won't ever be perfect but it is OK since I have a ton of movement in my granite.

Sorry for the big blurry pictures, but I took them very late last night after I got home from working over 13 hours straight.

The other seam were pieces cut from the same slab in the spot where the two pieces would join. Naively (my first granite), I thought those pieces would match. They don't. What I didn't take into account was the width of the cut of the granite (I think). Since the blades are thick, would the cut be a few inches off (like 3--4 or more)? Since I have a ton of movement in the granite, and the cut being wider than I thought, would it look like it doesn't match?

I am trying to print out my pictures to check but my printer is out of ink--of course. I love my granite people and believe they are the best. I can't imagine that they would mess up. I think I wasn't prepared for what I saw. Could this be the explanation as to why it looks so different?

Templated granite where one of the seams would go.

What the seam looks like now. Granite on both sides of the seam came from a continuous piece of stone.

Comments (12)