SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shellyfl_gw

backsplash dilemma: running bond or diagonal?

ShellyFL
12 years ago

Hi everyone,

I've spent HOURS on here looking at many of your kitchens, and I would really appreciate some opinions. I have a fairly modern/transitional home with lots of tile in an open floor plan with the same tile in most of the house (all bathrooms, fireplace surround, etc). We are putting the same tile up as a backsplash in a 6x6 (we have 12x12 on the floor in a straight/square pattern)--it was the only other size available. I had originally thought to do a diagonal but after reading for hours that seems to be a more dated/old style traditional pattern. I don't have a ton of space due to lots of outlets/windows so I don't want to do inserts. I was thinking instead of doing a running bond pattern to add interest without looking too busy or clashing with the floor. Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions? We're military and will only be here another couple of years so I'm trying to make this as re-sellable as possible, eliminating the ability to have too much personality or busy-ness. But when I get my "forever" home one day, I want one of the gorgeous kitchens I've seen on this forum!!

From
From Kitchen
From Kitchen

Thanks so much in advance!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations