SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kelleg69

Back to the backsplash...

kelleg69
8 years ago

Hi all. I haven't checked back in on the backsplash in a while. I have pretty much decided what I was going to do for my small U-shaped beach kitchen. It is the tile I have loved from the beginning:

Except in this color (I forgot to take a pic of the actual tile--it is a diff blue than I posted in my last thread) and as an accent instead of the total backsplash. This is a mock up from copies I made. So the color is a little different than below, but close. It is a good mix of the sky and ocean color (it is a stained glass kind of tile, so the color varies--you can kind of see that in the green above). I mocked this up in my home kitchen. What tile should I use for field tile? subway? 4x4 diagonal like I have here? I kind of like it b/c it is similar to the X in the flowers, but maybe too much similarity? Other ideas? bigger tiles???

Today, though, I saw this--below. Really pretty. I love the art on the mantle hood. Do you think I could put something on my mantle hood with the flower backsplash?

What kind of tile do you think this is? I think it is blue natural stone of some kind. I think it would be too solid for my space, i think, but it is pretty. I won't have the arms coming down from the hood and I don't think it would be as effective without them. Thought I would share this pic and my update. I love ideas on what I am planning. I am going to the Florida place next weekend and then they begin demo!

Our hood will be similar to the one above--no arch. It will be 39 inches wide and 30 inches off the counter. FYI. That wall of the kitchen is about 10 feet long (the bottom of the U-shape). The other two walls are about 11 feet long. The kitchen currently looks like this, but we are getting new cabinets, new hood and raising soffits and putting in hardwood floors. Counters will be a white quartz with some gray flecks in it.

Comments (15)