SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
henney_gw

microwave won't fit over stove..??

henney
14 years ago

I am trying to replace my old microwave and stove but have run into a problem with the new sizes of all the appliances.

We wanted to do a free standing range and over the stove microwave but they won't fit without coming too close for code and actually cooking would be tough.

I have been told I could cut my cabinets(last resort) or to get a slide in stove instead since the backguard would not be a problem.

We have old countertops that we will eventually replace but I think if we did the second option I would need to do my counters at the same time the slide in would be installed.

Please let me know if any of you have run into the big appliance problem and if so how did you remedy this.

I am not looking to re-do my kitchen until I go back to work..I have been a stay at home Mommy for 9 years so don't want to tackle the kitchen totally until I am contributing..just need to upgrade our old appliances.

Thanks for any help... I wasn't sure where to post so if I should be somewhere else with this question let me know that too..

Henney

Comments (9)