SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mandymootoo

Frustrated! Tired of "fancy stoves won't make you a better cook"

MandyMooToo
10 years ago

This is probably just a rant post but I want/need to get it off my chest!! I am so tired of hearing that purchasing a "fancy stove" (anything that costs more than $800-$1000 I suppose?) won't make me a better cook. I'm a darn good cook regardless of what range I use, in my opinion. Obviously a better range isn't going to make you a chef magically but it can make the cooking experience much nicer, easier even, and dishes may come out better in some cases too. In asking how people like their gas ranges, do they have dual fuel, open burners, etc. I keep getting told how ridiculous it is to buy a range that costs more than your average Best Buy range and it really aggravates me. Has anyone ever said that to you? How do you respond (other than saying shut your yapper, it isn't your business how I spend my money-I just wanted to know how you liked your range and how reliable it has been)?

Shew, I feel a bit better...I think I'll stop asking how others like their ranges and just read forum posts and reviews!

(For reference, I only ask how people like cooking on their ranges and what brand they have to get a sense of quality, service calls and so forth, I have not been asking what they paid or given them info on what my budget is) Thanks, I needed that.

Comments (29)