SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teacup_princess

Calling all Slobs! New kitchen is getting the 'lived-in' look

teacup_princess
14 years ago

I swore I would never do this. I would keep my new kitchen looking pristine like the cover of a magazine. I would care for my new babies (ie: cabinets, countertops, appliances) as if they were works of art. And I did for 1 whole month. Now I find I'm having battles with my inner slob, (and we're no even officially done yet).

As I look over my new kitchen this morning, here's my list of things I said I would do:

Desk: I will keep it organized and clutter free. Today- Piled high with crap, organizational cubbies not even being used.

Island: I will not put anything atop it other than the decorative fruit bowl. Today- Covered with empty juice boxes, mail, books, even a pair of kids shoes :(

Sink: I will do dishes every night and not leave them for the morning. Today- Yesterday's dishes still need to be washed.

Floor: I will keep them so clean you could eat off them. Today- Today- The crumbs are clinging to my feet as I walk across.

Countertops and Appliances: I will wipe them free of dirt and fingerprints every day. Today- My hand actually stuck to the countertop this morning as I poured a cup of coffee.

Am I the only one? If you're a slob when did your kitchen start to get that "lived-in" look? Is there no hope for us?

Comments (41)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!