SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dcrd

Granite is not what I templated

My life is total choas this month. I took a day off of work to go and template my granite a couple of weeks ago. Took pictures. So I have proof of what I wanted to go where in the kitchen.

Because Lowe's has done nothing but screw up my appliance order since March, my stove wasn't the one I ordered. Granite guys and contractor wanted to wait for final templating until the stove was in to make sure everything was perfect. When I finally got the one I ordered from Sears (thank you Sears!), the granite guys came out again and templated, when I wasn't home last Friday. I found out on Saturday that this was done and called and called the granite place to see if I needed to go out there and look at the templates again. No return call from the granite place until Monday.

On Monday, the granite place said not to worry, everything was the same as far as the measurements, etc., didn't need to go back out there. Yesterday, they installed the granite. I thought there was something different than the parts of the granite than I chose. However after putting in a 13 hour day at work, commuting over 100 miles, my brain was too foggy to compute.

This morning I compared the granite to my template. Not the same. It is the same slab but not the same parts of the stone that I wanted for my countertop.

I am very tired from an extremely stressful time at work (have to put in another 13 hour day--move my office tomorrow and work on Saturday, and start all over again on Monday--UGH!) I have the most beautiful black eye and I am doing nothing but public appearances and presentations in the evening. Oh joy! My house is in total disaster. The flooring guy left yesterday because of the granite guys coming in (they were to be here on Friday rather than yesterday). Now my flooring is behind two days. I am upset. I am very exhausted and frustrated. I am tired of my house being a mess. The workers left a corn cob on my garage floor and didn't flush the toilet yesterday. I have had it. I am close to rage, exhaustion and tears. What do I tell these folks? Do I pick out other slabs which are not as pretty as mine and start all over again, further delaying my kitchen?

Comments (5)