SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_9268002

my kitchen needs your paint color/and general advice

User
14 years ago

OK so I finally took some better photos.... my kitchen has been at this stage now for a year.( I kept my cabinets, added crown molding, put in a seeded glass door, replaced white formica with sapphire blue granite, did the pretty curvy thing on the island, added pendant lights, did backsplash....) I need to add undercabinet lighting which I am 99% sure will be flourescent strips, and it is the PAINT color which is freaking me out.I feel like maybe fresh eyes (yours?) need to take a look and give me your feedback. I honestly keep coming up with beige/tan/taupe, but wonder if there is another color that comes to mind? I shoudl of course add that resale is down the road in about 3 years or so. I think some of those clay colors could be nice, but this room continues into the family room and not sure I want that much color. OBviously I am very partial to blues, but somehow I think that beigey/whatever might work best for wall color.

I have some touches of aqua/turquoise that lately have been calling my name - that if I went with a nice neutral wall color, I could still utilize those as accents-- and I have the picture including the light fixture that has some of those greeny blues and lilacs... ( I also have another piece of furniture opposite the table that has those colors as well...

? What do you think? And of course, any and all suggestion. Rug.. window treatment? ( I am thinking of some sort of valance maybe hung high over the window?)

SO here we go starting out with some pix for your insight.

not the best picture, but you get the idea?

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath