SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linda_ross8133

Let me show you my rug, need paint color advice

Linda Ross
16 years ago

I have the rug below and it's a 9 X 12 in my dining room with a fireplace (which is white/ivory mantel with red brick surround). The rug is a Karastan Ivory Indo-Kirman with the colors indigo, soft blues, peach-corals, golds, lavender, and a multitude of soft greens. Patterned on an antique carpet woven circa 1910, it has a soft luster-wash that imparts a soft vintage finish. I have had this rug for almost 20 yrs and it still looks like new. I need a paint color for the dining room. The room has light Southern pine floors original to the house but thinking about staining them somewhat darker. It is a rectangle room with a large bay window on one end of the short side of the rectangle and the other end of the rectangle is open to my kitchen which doesn't have any painted surfaces as it is a galley kitchen with all cabinets. I am thinking about putting a tile down in the kitchen that resembles limestone. The cabinets are a medium cherry with soapstone counters and haven't decided on a backsplash. The rug is mostly lots of blue shades and ivory, if you zoom in you can see the other colors. I was thinking of using an EK paint. The house is an historic 1930's cottage style and I don't want the colors too dark. I was thinking about Mustard Seed but worry it will be too dark as lots of large old Southern trees that shade the house. A large rectangle medium oak table sits on the rug with 6 windsor chairs. Need advice as the rug is soooo blue and want to tone that down.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rug

Comments (3)