SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dcrd

Granite backsplash behind hood

I was wanting to do my Yellow River granite behind my hood as a backsplash and take it up to the ceiling (I have 7.5 ft ceilings in my kitchen). My contractor thinks it might make that side of the room too "heavy" and not balanced with the rest of the room. All of my cabs go up to the ceiling in the rest of the room. I do have a small kitchen. My granite is busy as far as the pattern goes.

I am getting a chimney hood for over my 30 inch range. I think there may be about 12 inches of granite on both sides between the chimney (tall part) of the hood. The actual hood itself will probably take up the majority of the wall space. Obviously, below the hood will be solid granite since I am doing a solid granite backsplash.

It is still something to think about but I am still leaning towards doing it. I want a more modern look for the room. I love the look I have seen on this board of the kitchens where the tile goes to the ceiling behind their hoods. Backsplash will be installed on Monday next week so I need to make a decision quickly. What do you think? Here is a picture of the area.

stove will be on the right in this picture--it is a bosch 30 inch stainless steel dual fuel. Trust me, the picture of the range is out of proportion to the hood! Boy does that look funny!

Picture of my hood

Picture of my range

Picture of my granite with template lines (white lines) on it.

Comments (9)