SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stcy

I am stuck. Two sink options, two countertop materials.

ott2
10 years ago

My new-build contemporary kitchen will have two islands, both with White Macaubas countertops that are waterfall'd on the ends. The main sink is on one of these islands.
The perimeter countertops are leathered Black Zimbabwe, and there is a secondary sink on one of these perimeter countertops.
Faucets are Waterstone ORB, which seems very black.
Cabinets are rift sawn white oak with a walnut type stain. Floors are unstained rift sawn white oak. Lots of windows and natural light if it matters.

My current kitchen has a Blanco Silgranit sink in anthracite. Love everything about this sink. If I do Silgranit again, I'll do the Super Single with side drain. I have Silgranit samples. Truffle reads pink in my space, and the metallic gray is wrong for my backsplash. The cinder is wrong as well. Cafe won't work. if I do Silgranit, I would likely do anthracite again.

The sink that is calling me is the Kallista Soltiere, which is stainless. I'm not a fan of stainless, but I do like this sink really well so far as stainless goes. And, given that most of my prep work will happen on this main sink, it seems that the Soltiere has the edge on functionality. And, I like the shallow depth because the under-sink space is important in my application. Still a single basin, and still with a side drain. I want to resist the urge to jump to stainless, but this is a cool sink, and I think the curves would be great in my kitchen.

The stainless would look fine (probably would look best) with both the White Macaubas and leathered Black Zimbabwe.

If I do the Silgranit anthracite, I'll have black sink on leathered black countertop on the perimeter, and black sink on basically white countertop on the island. My particular slabs of White Macaubas do have a lot of strong charcoal colored lines in the movement.

What are your thoughts on these pros/cons? Can you help me tip the scales?

Thanks! Ott2

Comments (13)