SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
d5kenn

Vigo pre-rinse kitchen faucet

d5kenn
10 years ago

Hi all,

I've been looking for a pre-rinse sprayer faucet for my kitchen sink, and since it seems to be a niche topic, there's not much good info out there. By far the best discussions I've seen were here on GardenWeb, so I thought I'd add my own voice and keep things moving along.

In my research, I've come up with a fairly particular set of "wants," primarily something close to commercial-quality, not the tiny faux pull-out versions with plasticky spray nozzles like the ones being sold at Home Depot. Among these points, I wanted something that was:

- classical "commercial pre-rinse" look and feel
- ~30" or lower (or no need for a wall brace)
- single-lever mixer to adjust temp/pressure, with high-pressure sprayer
- integrated pot filler, allowing simultaneous use with sprayer
- minimal use of plastic parts
- AB 1953 compliant
- Not exorbitantly expensive
- Anything-but-chrome finish

I looked at some models ranging from Grohe to Danze to T&SBrass's really sweet and industrial-severe-styled mini pre-rinse faucets, but in the end the ones that met most of my wants were the Kraus 1602 and the Vigo 02007ST. The clincher was that the Kraus isn't AB1953 or S152 complaint, and I could only find it in chrome; the Vigo has a nice brushed stainless steel version and they confirmed low-lead content. Both units look nearly identical (other than the design of the hand sprayer) so I figure they may both be out of the same factory in deepest darkest China, but for The Vigo was also available directly from Amazon, which made for a bit more peace of mind in case I needed to return/exchange, so I bit the bullet., and just got it in today. Man, this thing is beefy. It's essentially all-metal construction, and everything together is 10+lb (for a faucet! Are you kidding me?). The hand-sprayer alone weighs almost 2lb. The only substantial bits of plastic are the black grip around the sprayer (which protects your hand from getting burned by hot water, the sprayer body itself is all-metal) and the viny-wrapped stainless-steel-braided hose. The hose is the only part I felt was a bit cheap-looking, but I guess the plastic will prevent the spring from getting scuffed up.

Looking forward to installing it this weekend or next. I'll update when it's up and running, and in the meantime would love to hear experiences from others, good or bad with these or similar units!

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (14)