SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
enduring

What Backsplash Options Work Best?

enduring
12 years ago

Hi there, I am planning on installing my backsplash tile soon and I would welcome critiques of the options I have listed below. The sizes represented are not necessarily the size I will use. I have not planned on anything larger than a typical 3x6 subway tile, but I am open to suggestions/ideas.

I have included one view of my nearly completed, very small, kitchen to help describe the space and style. The cabinets are cherry with a very light stain and a "coffee" glaze that hangs up in the nooks and crannies. The counter tops are soapstone, black when oiled with whitish veins. At least one vein has a strong camel color similar to the cabinets.

My New Kitchen, 7'x12' with 4 doorways! Not a lot of wall space left.

Option 1, Lansdale Carrara marble from The Tile Shop. Creamy with golds. No veining, slight mottling.

Option 2, Glass clear white subway tile.

Option 3, Cream or off white cracked glaze shiny ceramic tile. Rather large for my purposes I believe. I like this color and texture, very nice.

Option 4, Standard sized subway tile, matte off white, from The Tile Shop. I like this one too.

Option 5, Glossy off white ceramic tile. Not bad but I like others better.

Option 6, San Dona marble from The Tile Shop. They didn't have the smaller subway tile in stock so I tried this large tile for color. It is kind of nice. May be too white.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz