SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katybuggs

Am I crazy To Want This Kitchen?

katybuggs
15 years ago

Hi, I'm new here but have spent hours and hours reading and looking at pictures here over the last couple of months. I've learned so much from everyone and thought you all could offer advise or idea's on my kitchen to be. First let me tell you about the house/cabin. It is our cabin right now but we will be living there in 2-5 years full time. It's a Lindahl cedar home so lots of wood with an open floor plan. The kitchen has a view of the waterfront but is in on the north side of the house so not much light except full sun in the morning until about noon. My goal is to bring the outdoors in and add light while keeping an artistic eclectic cottage feel. Here is a link to my inspiration kitchen, only for one wall though, the sink wall. The rest of the kitchen will be a normal kitchen with granite counters, painted cabinets and a custom ceramic backsplash behind the stove. The peninsula will also be granite.

I've made a kitchen page so friends and my son & DIL (they are in the granite business) could chime in their idea's and was hoping all the talented and experienced folks here could do the same, pro's and con's. The cabinet maker wants a go ahead on the sink wall and I'm getting all sweaty wondering if I'm doing the right thing. My thinking is if I hate the tiny tiles on the counter I can replace with butcher block or something else in a few years time.

Thanks everyone for sharing your kitchens, I've enjoyed them all!

Katy

Here is a link that might be useful: Katy's Kitchen To Be

Comments (19)