SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
williamsem

Ok, ok...you want a reveal, I need to pick paint first!

williamsem
9 years ago

I've been negligent in getting my reveal posted. Mostly because my kitchen is full of my great room stuff for more remodeling. It's only fair, I had an entire new kitchen sitting in the great room for months.

So what's the problem.? Paint. I can't find the right color. Help me find a color and I will be able to finally put everything back in the right rooms and can take reveal picks.

Yes, I am bribing you with pictures. We all know those are like currency around here.

I have a thread over in Decorating, but since the request came up here and more people post here, I'll gladly solicit help. This forum has the added motivation of getting kitchen pics out of the deal!

The room: 13x28 great room, half 8 ft ceiling and half vaulted foyer open to the stairs an second floor hallway (so a TON of wall space getting painted). Has an unframed doorway to the kitchen (PPG Montego Bay). White mantel and trim.

Contents:

Color insights: DH forbids any form of green, and he's serious. True grays are too cold. I'd consider a very light color as long as it will still contrast with the white trim (not look like a failed match). I lived in a sand dune for a decade (beige carpet, trim, and walls) so I don't want to recreate that by picking a color that feels like the floor surrounds you.

DH really wants a gray, so I'm trying to find a grey that's warm enough but doesn't have pink/purple/orange undertones. I would absolutely go to bat for the perfect non-gray color if needed though.

So....suggestions? There are two windows, but they don't get sun all day.

Comments (21)