SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
buehl

First Use of Baking Center & Marathon Baking Session!

Buehl
15 years ago

Today was my first use of my almost-finished baking center. The results...it was so wonderful! Even though we still don't have power on that side, the granite isn't completely installed, and our prep sink isn't installed, it was wonderful having all that work space!

My DD and I made 13 batches of brownies, 3 batches of bar chocolate chip cookies, and a double-batch of a gluten-free shortcake...all for the Strawberry Festival at our church land tomorrow (we have land but no building...yet!)

In our old kitchen, there was barely enough room for one person to work...2' b/w the sink and range.

Today, we had more than enough room for both of us...and the mini-peninsula that my KD didn't think I'd want was so handy for putting pans on straight out of the oven (my cooling racks are packed away somewhere!).

And the ovens...we were able to bake 3 batches of brownies or cookies at once in each of my double ovens (used convection mode on both upper & lower ovens)!

And cleanup...3 bowls + 2 measuring cups fit in the larger bowl of my sink!! I could have put at least one more bowl in the smaller sink, but I didn't need it...but I did put utensils in it. Our old 2-bowl sink only fit one bowl & 1 measuring cup in each bowl.

Today I was just loving my almost finished kitchen even more!

Pictures....

Our baking results!

Cleanup:

Comments (21)