SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
longislandbeachgal

Soapstone vs Princess White in white kitchen

LongIslandBeachGal
12 years ago

I have spent months agonizing over this decision, which is apparently a common dilemma. I originally envisioned a white kitchen, with marble counters and wood floors. We have a 100 year old house, and my taste runs to that old fashioned look. I have spent countless hours reading the forums about marble etching, talking to the fabricators and the stone yards, who all advise against the marble. Looked at every "white" granite, and finally decided maybe could live with honed Princess White (aka Fantasy White, White America). Since it's a quartzite, no worries about high maintenance. But, I just wonder if I won't be happy in the end, since it's not quite the look of marble. Now I'm wondering about a soapstone with a heavy veining. It seems like it might be a nice look, but a totally different direction than what I was looking at. Perhaps a darker contrast on the counters might keep the kitchen from looking boring? Or should I stick with my "all white" look, which has been the dream all along. And, would Princess White give the same pale natural look as the marble? Anyone out there have experience in this who could point me in the right direction? Which counter to use? Heartbroken over the marble, but just can't live with the etching......

Comments (8)