SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
angie_diy

Feeling a little nervous (tomorrow is D-day)

angie_diy
12 years ago

The dumpster will be delivered tomorrow, I'm packing up the present kitchen, and I am feeling strange. I am not excited -- the feeling is more "apprehensive." I expected to feel apprehensive AND excited, but only getting half!

Even at this early stage of the project, almost everything is taking so much longer than I thought it would. (I am planning to do essentially all aspects of the reno myself.) For instance, the KD has not finalized plans, it took two full weeks to get a new tile saw blade delivered, I just found out that my municipality won't allow the homeowner to add any branch circuits, so I had to find an electrician willing to work with me, etc. I thought I had the pre-demolition process well in hand, but turned out to be wrong.

Tonight, I cooked what could be the last meal for quite a while, along with cooking a few things for the freezer. I know that I won't be finished the kitchen until something like Thanksgiving, because I am going to take a work-related 2-month hiatus from the project in late summer. I am planning to set up a pretty extensive temporary kitchen (gas range, DW, MW), so maybe I can still do some respectable cooking. Thank goodness it is barbecue season!

If there is a question here, it would be "Is this feeling normal?" When will I get excited?

Thanks just for listening. Even writing this helped a little. Back to packing boxes.....

Angie_DIY

Comments (10)