SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
61tinkerbell

Cabinet maker came.. left me wondering what to do (PIC's)

tinker_2006
12 years ago

Hi everyone, I posted my 1937 kitchen and layout on a previous post.

Excuse the mess.. we are working on the house, and the kitchen is our work area!

I had the local Amish cabinet company come out to get our kitchen in the works, and he got to the one area.. and was stumped a few minutes... but left me with my head spinning!

This current kitchen has 8' 2" ceilings, which we plan on putting up bead-board. (ceiling is not in great shape, so this will help.

The current upper cabinets are 30" tall, and my plan was to bring them up to the ceiling and finish with a crown. However, when I first saw this house, it has a little unique arch that I really like, and now.. if I go up to the ceiling, it will look weird to keep it, as only the refrigerator side would really show, and the opposite side, would only have a small piece exposed. DH says lets just remove it, it's nothing, but I really find it quaint!

So, WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

Leave the arch, and not have the cabinets go to the ceiling, but keep them 30-36" in height OR.. remove the little arch way, and have the cabinets go to the ceiling?

From Sunrise - work in progress

Comments (16)