SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amylou123_gw

calling all Carrara backsplashers - confused and need help!!

amylou123
13 years ago

Hi, I'm trying to find a Carrara marble tile for my kitchen backsplash (at a decent price) and am so confused at the range of options and prices. I was under the impression that "Carrara" was mined in Italy, but am I to understand that some tiles labeled "Carrara" are actually mined in China or somewhere else? Does this even matter?

My local tile supplier can't provide the size I'm looking for (4X4) though they offered to cut down 12X12 tiles, but I'm worried about losing the slight bevel that is present on most factory produced tiles. (Plus they would charge $12/sf plus another $60 or so to cut it up for me). I have found some places online that sell the size I want, but am suspicious that what I'd be getting might not "really" be "true" Carrara. I'm also worried about too much color variation. I'd like a good price but don't want to get duped into buying something that isn't the real deal or won't look like the beautiful Carrara photos I've seen on this forum.

Anyone who is willing to share photos of their backsplashes, as well as info on WHERE you bought your tile, price you paid (per SF), and whether you were happy with the service and quality of product, please reply!!

Comments (2)