SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gwer2007

Le Creuset and induction

eleena
10 years ago

I have read some old posts and I know that LC works on induction. However, I had been avoiding LC for several reasons but I am not going to bore you with them. :-)

To make a long story short, I bought my very first LC (a 12" skillet) a few days ago to replace my rusted Lodge skillet. (Yes, I know I can re-season the Lodge and I will at some point, to use on the outdoor grill.) Plus (forgive me, Lodge lovers), I hated the Lodge skillet passionately because of the weight, uncomfortable handles, needing too much care (IMO), etc.

I made some chicken burgers (or whatever you want to call them) today in LC on my induction and was surprised how unevenly it cooked - especially, compared to the Demeyere skillet I am used to. And yes, I did preheat the skillet but had to keep turning the burgers.

The induction is a Gaggenau 2-burner unit and the larger burner is about 8.25" in diameter while the LC skillet's bottom is about 10" in diameter.

But I don't think the size was the reason because even the center part didn't cook evenly.

Could you tell me what my be wrong with this picture?

TIA

P.S. Yes, I know about the Cookware forum but this is not strictly a cookware question (plus, this forum moves so much quicker o:O).

Comments (6)