SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
la_koala

Drawers: less space in framed vs frameless?

la_koala
14 years ago

Hi,

My mind is spinning with framed vs frameless and am turning to GW for a gut check. :-) My DH spoke to a KD, who he hit it off well. They talked about Medallion, a framed line.

Now, all of this time, I'd been thinking that a frameless line would give us more storage space, and DH came home saying "but it's just a little lip that you have to reach around."

But I think he was thinking about door cabinets, and not the drawer bases. I started looking at our current '60's framed cabinets, and it seems to me that we'd have less interior drawer space with framed drawer base cabinets than with frameless.

In general, is it true that frameless drawer bases will have more interior space than framed drawer bases?

I suppose it depends on the thickness of the base sides and the drawers also--can anyone point me to a reference where the geometry is shown?

What about roll-out shelves and framed door bases? Don't you lose some usable space on the interior sides because the roll-out has to clear the framed lip?

Thanks in advance!

Comments (11)