SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maggie_mi_gw

Kitchen Craft Warning! Terrible Finish & Not Honoring Warranty

maggie_mi
9 years ago

If you are considering Kitchen Craft cabinets (owned by MasterBrand), be forewarned. The finish does not hold up well at all, and they do not honor their warranties. After just 3 years, the finish began wearing off around all my knobs--my contractor said it was water damage (wet hands opening cabinets) and was shocked at how easily the finish was wearing off. He said much cheaper Home Depot cabinets hold up better than these.

I contacted MasterBrand, and after months of waiting, they sent a representative out who took photos and told me the damage was due to "scratching." It was bizarre -- the damage was clearly worse in the cabinets around the sink, and I pointed out that no one in my family has claws, or even long fingernails for that matter. But sure enough, a few weeks later, I received a letter informing me that my warranty claim was denied.

The finish is continuing to deteriorate and the lower cabinets in particular look awful. In addition, the interiors are easily scuffed and scratched. All in all, this "great deal" has turned out to be very disappointing.

I would never buy from Kitchen Craft--or MasterBrand--again, and am filing a lawsuit against them.

Happy to answer any questions. Hope this helps people avoid the same unpleasant and frustrating experience.

Comments (76)