SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janjan212

warning: expressdecor.com *long rant

janjan212
12 years ago

Just wanted to share my story in hopes it will save someone else the same frustration. I am not saying that this storefront is a bad place to order from, just a word of warning.

My granite is sitting at the fabricators, I needed to decide on a sink. I picked a Kraus 30" stainless. It priced out best from Expressdecor.com. It said it would ship in 1-3 days from the time I placed my order, free shipping, and I chatted in with a rep to find out where it shipped from and approx. arrival time. I looked up ratings for the storefront which were as good as any I was considering. I did my homework. 1-3 days for shipping, and 4-5 days arrival time and let the fabricator know.

While shopping on the site I ran across a matching colander and tossed it in my cart to avoid a shipping fee if I ordered later. (Free shipping on orders over 100 bucks only)

I ordered on 4-19 and received an email promptly saying I would get another after shipping with tracking information. On 4-22, no email but I had ordered late in the day on the 19th and it was the weekend so I decided I would give it another day or two. On the 24th, I expected I would get an email this day for sure. Nothing. So this morning I called. As I began to explain the timeline to the rep on the phone, she was gruff, cut me off and asked for the order #. As she pulled up the order, I tried to explain my concerns and she continued to interrupt with her information. She then tells me that the colander was out of stock and would be arriving today in the warehouse, so the order should ship tomorrow. **Now, I had gone back into the website a day or two after ordering to check on the order status and to eye my purchases again and immediately see a red OUT OF STOCK warning on the colander. I thought, Wow, how lucky, I must have gotten the last one! I can honestly say since I saw it immediately when I went back in, that it was NOT there on the day I ordered. I can not prove that however.*** Anyway, the rep insists it was there and tells me I did not request items be sent separately therefore they were waiting for the colander and would ship as one order. I told her I had no idea anything was out of stock, it did NOT say that in the checkout process, nor on the order confirmation. I did not see anything stating to ship items separately in the event an item was out of stock. (I see this clearly when I order from Amazon) The rep was totally unapologetic continued to cut me off so we ended the conversation. I then chatted in on the website, explaining how rude the previous rep was, and the situation, asking if there was anything that could be done to expedite the order. She apologized (that was a start) but basically had the same attitude....making me feel as if this was MY fault. In the end, she told me I would have to pay 150.00 to have the order expedited, which I refused to do but told me she would inform the warehouse to go ahead and ship the sink today. I should have it in another 5 days. They better NOT charge me to ship the colander.

As I said, they maybe an ok company with poor communication and unsympathetic customer service reps. We'll see how the rest of this goes to fully decide how I feel about them. I don't know why in this day and age of easy communications, you have to babysit everything. There is no reason, IMO, that my order confirmation should not have stated that one of my items were out of stock and delayed. I hope that everything arrives in perfect condition too so I don't have to deal with their phone reps again either. Unless it's the One bad apple thing.... When I deal with a customer, I know you should empathize with them and the situation and ask what you can do to help. It makes a customer calm down and feel they are important even if you can't do exactly what they want. They could have told me what they COULD do for me instead of cutting me off and finger pointing.

Now to tell the fabricator about the delay.... Thanks for letting me vent.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Comments (14)