SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
betsyf_gw

Electric blue and black

betsyf
16 years ago

No, not my taste - it's for 13 y.o. DD. Just got her a loft bed with drawers, shelves and cabinets underneath. 11x15 room has 12' cathedral ceiling, 60" window with window seat and medium oak trim and doors. She wants me to do a chair rail, paint the upper part of the room an electric blue and under the rail white with black zebra pattern. Her bed is white, she has a white vinyl chair and white makeup table that she wants to be black. Solid oak doors and trim will NOT be painted black as requested but the chair rail will be. I think the room would be oppressive and tiring on the eyes. She thinks "cool". The zebra pattern would be done with a sponge thingy I bought - just dip in paint and stamp on wall - easy enough.

Has anyone seen this done or better yet, idea how I can talk her out of it? Or should I just do it, stay out of that room till she leaves for college in 4 1/2 years then repaint. For the record, originally she wanted the upper parts to be alternating electric blue and black stripes 12" wide. I said no because I did not relish being 12' up on a ladder masking off stripes. Besides, I think all that pattern in her room would have made me scream out loud.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County