SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tmoseman

blue star electric wall ovens

tmoseman
3 years ago

I am looking for current ( 10/2020) owners of Blue Star electric wall ovens. My unit was install July of this year and has had a multitude of problems. The first that clock would not work. Instead of seconds it was running 100's of a second. Preheating was very slow taking almost 20 minutes to get to 350 degrees. These oven are support to have a rapid preheat. The temperature was not stable. The oven internal temperature was off anywhere from 20-50 degrees depending on the programed temperature. If the oven was run for more then 3 hours continuously it would begin to continually heat. I had to flip the breaker once to get it shut off!. I was told that a new control panel would fix my issue. The clock is working better but off by time of day. The heating issue are still occurring. The scariest part of this is the external temperature of the doors are 170 on the left 130 on the right. It does not seem to brown , food can take twice are long or have as long to cook. Blue Star with the support of my Ferguson rep has agreed to replace the oven, with a wait time of 10-12 weeks. Do I want the replacement . Please let me know if other have had similar issues.Like
Save
Edit
Delete

Comment

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus