SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19691163

Kitchen Backsplash, your input welcome

User
9 years ago

I hate to admit I still haven't completed the kitchen - except in MS Paint as you can see below. I still have to strip and restain several doors, so I photoshopped those in. The tile matches perfectly in person, but this was the best I could do when they were photographed separately.

I have looked on and off for a year and just can't find a tile I like. I went to Lowe's today and bought a piece of every stone they had in off white and light gray. The gal there thought I was nuts I'm sure but I figured it was easier to get it all and save a bunch of trips back and forth trying out tile. I'll take it all back tomorrow before it puts me over my credit limit. lol

We deliberated over all the choices and narrowed it down to this one. Now the question is, where to put it. I really, really like beadboard backsplashes, but not behind the stove or sink. But I know that is not as popular as full tile so I did a mock up of both. I've looked at it so much that I can't tell if the beadboard conflicts with the busy pattern of our cabinet doors, and prefer it over the monotony of all tile. There is also a pencil liner that matches this tile that I thought of using as an accent.

Which appeals to you? All tile, or tile & beadboard?

{{gwi:1854489}}

This post was edited by marti8a on Fri, Nov 7, 14 at 1:32

Comments (28)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!