SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gideonsmom

My butterfly powder room

gideonsmom
15 years ago

We just DIY updated our powder room. I thought I'd post pictures! Unfortunately, I forgot to take before pictures.

We painted (BM Sherwood Green). We added crown molding. We kept our white cabinet but bought the stock black granite countertop from Home Depot, and replaced the old faucet with a new one. We also switched out all of the gold fixtures for brushed nickel, and replaced the old light with a brushed nickel light instead.

Added crystal hardware (and want to replace the doorknob too). Put up butterfly wall decals from ebay and blew up pictures I took this summer in the butterfly room at the Smithsonian and framed them. Bought a standard shade from Target and glued black and white pom poms to the bottom for a more custom look.

We did all of this ourselves in about a weekend.

The only thing I'd like to do is frame out the mirror. I looked for the mirredge kits at Lowes and Home Depot but they only sell them online and I can't seem to find them in black. So we might have to make our own.

I hope you like the results! Thanks for your all your inspiration. I'm addicted to the forums!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County