SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gabeanster

Searching for decorator or decorating help but...

gabeanster
16 years ago

Our house has been a work in progress for several years. My wife and I have painstakingly re-worked almost every room since we bought it in 2003. We have dealt with all sorts of problems from gas leaks to mold to major electrical issues that forced us to totally revamp most rooms in the house. The house is only 6 years old but was built by Hickory Landmark. Apparently our house was the last they built before filing for bankruptcy.

As result, they did things cheap and wrong. It was a wonder that the house passed any inspection. I've been told by neighbors that the electrical and framing inspectors were paid off.

Anyhow... enough of my whining.

My wife and I want to start decorating now that the rooms have new carpet, paint, flooring, plumbing, electrical, and woodwork. The problem is that we are not rich (especially now) and so far, it seems that one must be quite wealthy to use a decorator. We have spoken to several professional decorators and each looked at us as dollar signs. When we asked to scale back the service to something we could afford, call-backs stopped.

On a whim, I'm wondering if anyone in the Forest Hill, MD knows of any affordable decorators who are willing to help two hard working individuals with a blank slate of a house.

We've feel somewhat hopeless and that we have painted ourselves into a corner.

Comments (3)