SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nancy_adamopoulos

Need Help with curtain hardware!

Nancy Adamopoulos
12 years ago

I am planning on installing 2 sets of 144" double rods for my dining room and living room windows- I was excited when I found that PB had the 144" size and that I wouldn't have to have custom ones made. I just received them and noticed that there are 5 supports for it and that the supports are circles that the rods are threaded through. I was planning on using regular curtain rings with eyelets. The front curtains would stay open most of the time , but I would like to be able to close them. The inner rod will have sheers that will open most of the time but closed more often than the front panels. With 5 supports I don't see any way that these can close without running into the supports. I looked at transverse rods but they are either too ugly (i.e. look like a hospital) or the decorative ones are not in the right finish (oil rubbed bronze) or not long enough.

If I order custom ones through highland forge, it only has 1 support in the middle, but the cost is about $500 for each window(Total $1034 with brackets and finials), as opposed to the $220 I paid at PB(Total $440)

Highland Forge also has "passing brackets" I could use with the PB rod but the cost for a double passing bracket runs about $200 each and I would need 4 of them plus their passing c-rings so it would end up costing more than the custom rods.

Does anyone have any ideas? My handyman is supposed to come by this Saturday to install the rods, so I don't have much time to figure this out... yikes!

thanks!

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert