SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sabigabatini

Very small entryway/floor - need recs for flooring/crisp design

sabigabatini
10 years ago

My entry way is extremely small. It is literally just a few feet square, it's really just the small entry base to a carpeted stairway that leads to my first floor (it's a condo, yep).

It has 2' tiles, old and cracking. Time to get rid of it, as I am preparing my unit for sale.

I want something durable of course (I live where there's winter), but I also would love to make it look snappy.

See below photo, such a beautiful use of black and white tiles. Even though I realize it couldn't be done in the entryway because the white is probably grout and would get grey and icky PDQ, it gives you an idea of what I consider swanky design:

http://www.housebeautiful.com/cm/housebeautiful/images/DX/hbx-graphic-black-and-white-foyer-0512-thomas02-lgn.jpg

Any ideas you can share??
Among the thoughts I have had along the way are, tile of course...but also slate (which I think won't work visually in such a small space), and perhaps - WOOD? Engineered or even laminate? Or - what about wood that is actually TILE, like Porcelanosa sells?

Any and all help is appreciated! :)

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (15)