SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
massagerocks_gw

please-in need of paint color opinions

massagerocks
9 years ago

It took me 8 years to decide on new family room furniture, which I purchased earlier this spring. Now I'm in need of choosing a new paint color, and I'm just so stuck. I've had SW Blonde in all the major areas of my house forever. With my new furniture, the Blonde is starting to scream gold and I'd like to change to something softer. I've been looking at grays but its so hard choosing. Room faces south and receives generous, but not glaring light. I love Amazing Gray, but I'm afraid it'll be too dark when the whole room is painted. It looks really dark at night. I have 2 walls which go up 2 stories, so those 2 walls are big and solid with nothing to break up the paint color except a fireplace. There is a small wall in the room I tried painting BM revere pewter, but during the day it doesnt have enough color or depth. Agreeable Gray is lighter than the RP. Does anyone have any suggestions? Wordly Gray looks best so far, but I'm reading it has some red undertones? Does that mean it'll look bad in my room-carpet is a gold/brown (similar to SW Blonde), furniture is gray and gold. Pics follow, since cant post them together. Appreciate any advice you can give me!
Wall paint is RP..single chip on the Left side is Amazing Gray. Top chip is Agreeable Gray. Worldy Gray is second from bottom on the right paint strip.

Comments (28)